Yale Saliva-based COVID-19 Test May Miss Some Infections - Researcher
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Yale University researcher Anne Wyllie told CNBC Tuesday that the school's new saliva-based COVID-19 test may miss some infections
- Wyllie said there is a big chance the test may not detect very low viral load, especially in people who had just contracted the virus
- She added that this error can be offset if people take the test regularly
- Yale's test was developed in partnership with and with funding from the NBA and the National Basketball Players Association
- Wyllie, who is an associate research scientist in epidemiology, said the effectiveness of the test is comparable to other traditional methods of the COVID-19 test