World Health Organization Reports Largest Single-Day Count in Coronavirus Cases
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The World Health Organization recorded nearly 300,000 new coronavirus cases over the last 24 hours, the largest ever single-day increase since the pandemic began
- The highest number of new cases, 171,946, were recorded in the Americas; Southeast Asia reported the second-highest, with 60,113 cases, and Europe recorded the least number, at 25,241
- The global case count has climbed to more than 17 million with a global death toll of 668,910, according to WHO data
- The US remains the worst-hit nation, with over 4 million cases and 152,075 deaths
- This comes as the WHO Director-General warned that the pandemic is accelerating at dangerous rates