WHO To Send a Team to China to Investigate Origin of COVID-19
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) says it will send a team to China next week to further investigate the origin of the novel coronavirus
- WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said knowing the source of the virus could deepen researchers' understanding of the behavior of the virus and the likely trajectory of the pandemic
- Scientists have speculated that the virus originated from animals in a wet market in Wuhan, China, causing the first outbreak in December 2019
- However, more data revealed that traces of the virus were found in France, Italy, and Spain before then
- This will be the second mission of the WHO to China after the agency sent a public health team to the country in January to learn about its response to the outbreak that began in December