Walgreens, CVS Health Provide COVID-19 Vaccines to Thousands of Hard-hit Nursing Homes
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- CVS Health and Walgreens have rolled out COVID-19 vaccinations to residents and workers at nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- The two companies partnered with the federal government to run on-site clinics for the vaccinations
- Data from the COVID Tracking Project revealed that residents of long-term care facilities account for about 40 percent of all US COVID-19 deaths, although they make up less than 1 percent of the US population
- Walgreens said its pharmacists will administer the shots at nursing homes and assisted living facilities in Ohio, Connecticut, and Florida
- CVS said it will offer the vaccines at facilities in Ohio and Connecticut
- Both companies noted that they will expand the vaccinations to facilities in other states next week