US Trial Shows AstraZeneca Vaccine Safe and Effective for All Age Groups
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The coronavirus vaccine developed by AstraZeneca has been found to be highly effective at preventing the spread of COVID-19, as well as severe disease and hospitalizations across all age groups
- The company said it will now apply to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for emergency use authorization of the drug
- The phase 3 trial was conducted in the US, Chile, and Peru with more than 32,000 volunteers
- The study found that the vaccine was 79 percent effective against the disease and 100 percent effective in stopping severe and fatal cases
- The results showed an even higher efficacy rate than studies conducted in Oxford
- This comes after several reports emerged in the past days about fatal blood clots in recipients of the vaccine