US to Secure 200 Million More COVID-19 Vaccine Doses by Summer
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- President Joe Biden announced Tuesday that the US has signed an agreement to purchase 200 million more coronavirus vaccine doses
- "This is a wartime undertaking. It's not hyperbole," Biden said while making the announcement at the White House
- The additional doses would raise the US vaccine supply from 400 million doses to 600 million doses, enough to vaccinate nearly all Americans
- Biden outlined the new purchase plans along with an increase in the weekly vaccine allocation to states and territories from 8.6 million doses to at least 10 million doses over the next three weeks
- The US has recorded over 25 million confirmed cases and a death toll of over 425,000