US Researchers Working to Upgrade COVID-19 Vaccines for Variants
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- US scientists are planning to tweak COVID-19 vaccines to help tackle the coronavirus variants circulating in the UK and South Africa
- Further, Moderna said though its COVID-19 vaccine was effective against the variants, it was developing a new form that would be used as a booster shot
- Fauci, the top US infectious disease expert, said in a TV interview that the new variants were not only more contagious but also evaded antibodies that have been used to treat COVID-19 patients
- He said he was more worried about the South African variant, which he claimed to be more dangerous and different from the UK variant
- Fauci also said there is also a chance that the available COVID-19 vaccines may be less effective against the variants