US Prepares to Distribute First COVID-19 Vaccines in a Month
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The first set of Americans to receive the coronavirus vaccine could get their first doses in about a month
- Pfizer and BioNTech announced Friday that they will file for emergency use authorization from the agency, a process expected to take a few weeks
- The White House coronavirus task force says once a vaccine is approved, it could be made available to the public within 24 hours
- Both drugmakers have released findings of their vaccine trials, which reveal that the vaccines were highly effective at preventing the infection
- This comes as the coronavirus outbreaks resurge in different parts of the world, necessitating fresh lockdown measures