US Economy Gains Steam, With 379,000 New Jobs in February
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The US economy added 379,000 jobs last month, signaling the labor market recovery gaining steam
- Reports say the leisure and hospitality industry added the most jobs in February, making up for 355,000 new positions
- In January, the unemployment rate in the U.S. reduced from 6.3% to 6.2%
- America is still down 9.5 million jobs from February last year, as the government has passed a new bill to extend unemployment benefits
- The labor force participation rate has hit an all-time low since the 1970s, dropping to 61.4% in February