US Denies Hijacking Medical Shipment Belonging to Brazil
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The US Ambassador to Brazil has denied claims by the Brazillian government that it hijacked Chinese medical supplies that were ordered by Brazil
- Brazilian Health Minister Luiz Henrique Mandetta had stated last week that the US sent more than 23 cargo planes to China to offer higher prices to pay for medical equipment ordered by Brazil
- Local news media also reported that a shipment of medical supplies en route Brazil was diverted to the US after USofficials offered ahigher pay during a stopover in Miami
- “The U.S. government did not buy or block any material destined for Brazil. Those reports are false. We have investigated this,” says Ambassador Todd Chapman in a conference call Wednesday
- Chapman also mentioned that the Trump administration may be planning to stop all flights to Brazil but this has not been decided yet