US and Pfizer Discuss Deal for Tens of Millions More Vaccine Doses Next Year
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The US government is negotiating a deal with Pfizer to produce tens of millions of additional doses of its COVID-19 vaccine for Americans by the middle of next year
- Pfizer agreed to provide the US with 100 million doses of the vaccine by the end of March, which is enough to inoculate 50 million people
- The drug maker is currently discussing a deal under which it would produce tens of millions more doses of the vaccine between April and the end of June
- The Pfizer vaccine is one of only two vaccines that have so far been proven to be effective at preventing COVID-19 infection
- The other vaccine, developed by Moderna, is on track to receive emergency authorization from the FDA this week