UPS Adds Surcharges for Shipping as it Faces a Flood of Packages
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- United Parcel Service (UPS) has added surcharges to high volume shippers as the number of packages have spiked amid the holiday season
- The shipping company stated Friday that it has added extra fees for some packages, depending on the weight and volume of the packages
- The charges, the company said, are aimed at coping with the surge of packages in the upcoming holiday season
- The company's rival, FedEx, has also added surchages to international shipments beginning April 6
- FedEx reported on its website that the increased fees were because the coronavirus restrictions had made it more difficult to move goods across the globe