Up to 30 Percent of Americans may Get COVID-19 by Year-end - Former FDA Chief
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former Food and Drug Administration commissioner, said that nearly one-third of US residents could be infected with COVID-19 at the end of 2020
- Gottlieb said this on "Squawk Box," noting that the percentage may be higher for states like North and South Dakota
- The US currently has roughly 13.4 million confirmed coronavirus infections, according to data by the Johns Hopkins University
- New daily US cases have also surged, reaching about 200,000
- Gottlieb continues to stress that the actual number of cases are much higher than the official estimates, as not everyone is tested