United States Single-Day COVID-19 Count Tops 100,000
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The United States recorded more than 100,000 new coronavirus cases in a single day for the first time on Wednesday
- By early Wednesday, the United States logged more than 104,000 new COVID-19 cases and a record 121,888 confirmed cases on Friday
- The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said earlier last week that the average number of daily cases had risen by more than 20% in the last seven days
- Hospitalizations and fatalities have also risen sharply in the last weeks, with at least 17 states, including Kansas, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Iowa, and the Dakotas, reporting record hospitalizations on Wednesday
- The US now has more than 9.6 million confirmed cases, with a death toll of more than 243,000