United Airlines to Furlough 14,000 Employees as Federal Aid Expires
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- United Airlines have warned roughly 14,000 employees that their jobs are at risk when federal aid expires this spring
- Companies are legally required to inform employees at least two months in advance if they are at risk of being furloughed
- United recently started recalling thousands of employees they furloughed after the first round of federal aid expired in the fall
- Congress approved another aid last year for the aviation industry, on the condition that the furloughed workers would be recalled
- The additional federal aid expires on March 31