United Airlines Begins Vaccine Shipment on Passenger Planes
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- United Airlines on Tuesday began to transport coronavirus vaccines within the US in passenger aircraft
- Just hours after the US approved the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine for emergency use, logistics giants and passenger airlines began to strategize for the vaccine distribution around the country
- A critical condition under which the vaccine must be stored and transported is a temperature of minus 94 degrees Fahrenheit
- United airlines say it can transport the vaccines at this temperature, adding that the temperature-controlled packages will have GPS tracking and other monitoring
- United's first domestic passenger flights carrying the vaccine departed after US federal medicine regulators approved the vaccine for use