UK Health Minister Tests Positive to COVID-19, Begins Self-Isolation
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- UK's health minister Sajid Javid has tested positive for COVID-19 a day after having a meeting at Downing Street
- The prime minister had contact with both Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak, who have both been contacted by NHS Test
- Number 10 said contacts of Javid at the meeting will be isolating and participating in a pilot program where close contacts of those who test positive for COVID-19 are tested daily
- This comes as the country prepares to lift all remaining COVID-19 restrictions by July 19, a decision that has been criticized by world leaders and scientists
- The country has been reporting rising cases of COVID-19 ahead of the July 19 end to COVID-19 restrictions, which Labour's shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth described as "reckless"