UK Enters "Worst Point of COVID-19 Pandemic", Senior UK Health Official Warns
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The UK will go through the "most dangerous time" as it enters the worst weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic, England's Chief Medical Officer, Professor Chris Whitty, said Monday
- This comes as authorities report surging COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths
- Prof Whitty said NHS hospitals are becoming overwhelmed by the rising number of cases, adding that the only way to curb further spread is by adhering to public health measures and receiving the COVID-19 vaccine
- This warning comes as the UK opens mass vaccination centers to priority groups, including the aged and frontline staff
- The government says it will vaccinate around 15 million people in the UK, including healthcare workers, peopled aged 70 and above, and non-medical frontline workers, by mid-February