Uber will Offer Free Rides to Walgreens to Expand COVID-19 Vaccine Access
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Uber will offer free rides to Walgreens stores for people who book a vaccine appointment but do not have transportation or live in underserved communities
- The companies made the announcement Tuesday, stating that Uber will work with charitable partners, including the National Urban League
- The pilot program will begin in Chicago, Atlanta, El Paso, and Houston from next week
- The partnership is part of a pledge Uber made in December to offer 10 million free or discounted rides to make sure people have unfettered access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Walgreens said it will give vaccines to priority groups, including older Americans and those with pre-existing conditions, starting Friday