TSA Reports Record High Pandemic-Era Air Travel in the US
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) on Friday reported a record high for air travel in the US amid the pandemic
- The TSA said it screened 1,580,785 people at airports on Good Friday, compared to 129,763 people in 2020, and 2,476,884 travelers in 2019
- The figure marked the 23rd straight day surge in air travelers, with more than one million people screened daily
- This comes as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its guidance Friday, stating that fully vaccinated people can travel within the US without requiring COVID-19 tests or quarantine
- CDC Director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, however advises against traveling, even for fully vaccinated people, to allow time for the cases to decline