Trump Pushes to Reopen Schools, Says Closures Could Lead to More Deaths
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- President Trump has called on the House to pass the latest coronavirus bill, which includes funding to help schools reopen
- In his statement on Thursday, Trump said that young children were at a lower risk of getting severely ill or dying from the disease
- He added that keeping children out of school and keeping work closed is probably causing more death
- The president also added that if some state or local officials refuse to reopen schools, school funding may be re-allocated to parents instead
- This is coming as a new study revealed that children had greater levels of the virus genetic material in their noses and could play an important role in spreading the virus