The US Reports Over 100,000 COVID-19 Hospitalizations 40 Days in a Row
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The US is reporting record seven-day averages for COVID-19 cases, hopitalizations, and deaths in the last few weeks, according to data from The COVID Tracking Project
- The US has recorded more than 100,000 daily virus hospitalizations for 40 days in a row
- The country also reported 310,080 COVID-19 cases, a daily record, on January 8
- Officials also said the country recorded over 200,000 new cases every single day for one week straight
- These come as the new coronavirus variant sweeps across the country, prompting officials to enforce stricter restrictions