The FDA Could Authorize Novanax Vaccine as Early as May
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) could authorize Novanax's COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use as early as May, the company's CEO, Stanley Erck told newsmen
- Novanax's phase three trial in the US is still ongoing, with 30,000 participants
- Erck said that UK health regulators may likely review the vaccine in April, followed by the FDA a month later
- In January, Novanax released results from its phase three vaccine trial, revealing that the vaccine was 89.3 percent effective overall
- The company has signed a deal with the US government to supply 110 million doses of the vaccine