The FDA Authorizes Eli Lily's COVID-19 Antibody Treatment for Emergency Use
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted an emergency use authorization for drugmaker Eli Lilly's COVID-19 antibody treatment
- The drug company said that in clinical trials, the drug successfully reduced viral load, COVID-19 symptoms, and hospitalizations in patients with mild to moderate disease
- The drug is one of several antibody treatments being developed for the treatment of coronavirus
- The pharmaceutical company submitted an application on October 7 for its emergency approval after trial results showed outstanding findings with minimal side effects
- The company plans to produce up to 1 million doses of the drug by late December