The CDC Has Released More Information on Risk Factors for COVID-19
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has expanded its list of risk factors for severe coronavirus disease
- The list includes dementia, sickle cell anemia, whole organ transplants, chronic respiratory disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure
- Now, the CDC has included cancer as a risk factor for severe coronavirus disease and death from the infection
- Cancer patients are unable to take vaccines to enhance their immune systems. Also, cancer treatment medications suppress the immune system, making it difficult for patients to mount an immune response to the coronavirus
- Medical experts urge that cancer patients, and others with immunosuppressive conditions, should stay away from public spaces and practice hand hygiene