Texas to Receive 24,000 Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Tuesday
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The Texas Department of State Health Services says the state will receive its first doses of the newly authorized Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine on Tuesday
- The department said the first shipment will include 24,000 doses, which will be distributed to the three large FEMA vaccination sites in Houston, Dallas, and Arlington
- Next week, the department will receive 200,000 doses of the vaccine for the state
- The Johnson & Johnson vaccine was approved by the FDA Saturday, following an independent review of the vaccine's efficacy, quality, and safety
- The vaccine was shown to be 72 percent effective against mild to severe COVID-19 disease in the US