Texas Becomes First US State to Exceed 1 Million COVID-19 Cases
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Texas has become the first US state to exceed 1 million coronavirus cases, according to data from Johns Hopkins University
- Texas reported 1,010,364 infections early Wednesday, surpassing the total case count in Italy, which is just above 995,463
- El Paso is a major hotspot of the infection in Texas, with over 65,600 cases and 682 deaths as of Wednesday morning
- Dallas County is another hotspot of the infection, reporting record number of cases in the last few days
- More than 130,989 cases were recorded across the US on Tuesday, pushing the total coronavirus count to more than 10 million cases