Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Threatens to Sue Austin Over Mask Mandate
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has threatened to sue Travis County and the City of Austin if they do not rescind their orders to continue mask mandates in the counties
- This comes a few days after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced that all COVID-19 restrictions, including mask mandates, would be lifted, a decision that the Mayors of City of Austin and Travis County condemned
- In a tweet Wednesday, Paxton said he gave local authorities in the city and the county until 6pm Wednesday to drop their mask mandates or face legal action
- Paxton wrote in a statement Wednesday that the decision to require masks or impose them should lie with private business owners and not with local authorities
- Despite these threats, neither the city nor the county is backing down