Technology Used in Developing COVID-19 Vaccine Could Boost Flu Vaccine Efficacy
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Researchers are optimistic that the technology around developing a coronavirus vaccine may help improve the effectiveness of the flu vaccine
- Experts, during a Thursday webinar with the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), said there has been an unprecendented use of new models and platforms for developing the coronavirus vaccine
- The flu vaccine, on the other hand, is still being developed in chicken eggs, which makes it a relatively archaic practice
- There are currently more than 140 COVID-19 vaccine candidates being developed at various stages of clinical trials as the coronavirus pandemic continues to surge
- Globally, more than 27.9 million coronavirus cases have been confirmed, with a death toll of 905,000