Swiss Government to Offer Free COVID-19 Tests for Population
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Switzerland has announced plans to offer free coronavirus tests for its entire population as part of plans to lift coronavirus restrictions in the country
- Under the proposal, each person in the country would be given five self-test kits per month, the government said in a statement Friday
- All tests conducted at chemists and testing centers will be free of charge, officials said
- The government said it is prepared to pay for voluntary coronavirus tests, a project that will cost the government more than $1.08 billion this year alone
- Officials say the government will come up with a final decision on March 12, with the plan due to take effect from March 15