Sen. Warren Introduces Bill to Provide Free COVID-19 Testing for US Teachers, Students
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren has introduced a bill to provide free COVID-19 testing for teachers, students, essential workers, and others with high exposure to the coronavirus
- The bill, called the Expanding COVID-19 Testing Capacity Act of 2020, would require the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to make tests and testing supplies available
- The text of the bill referred to "individuals at highest risk of COVID-19" as essential workers, students, teachers, prisoners, as well as nursing home residents and staff
- The bill also says that state and local officials would identify eligible locations, including schools and nursing homes, and the federal government would deliver the tests there
- The bill would also guarantee tests for federal employees who are unable to social distance or telework