Second More Deadly Wave of Coronavirus May Hit Europe this Winter
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Europe's top WHO official has warned that a deadlier wave of coronavirus could hit the region this winter
- Dr Hans Kluge, director for the WHO European region, gave the warning in an interview with the Telegraph, stating that easing lockdowns at this time may not be a good idea
- He mentioned that the decline in number of confirmed cases in parts of Europe such as France, Germany, and Spain does not mean that the pandemic has halted
- He said the outbreak has only shifted its center eastward to into Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan, and countries seeing fewer cases should use the hiatus to boost their surge capacities in preparation for a second wave
- Restaurants, bars, and small shops have reopened business in parts of Europe, and travel restrictions are gradually being eased