Report Says UK's Response to Coronavirus Pandemic is One of the Worst in the World
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The UK's response to the coronavirus pandemic has been described as one of the worst in the world among developed nations
- The index, which was designed by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), examined the quality and effectiveness of responses to the pandemic in 21 Organization for Econonomic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries
- Countries such as Belgium, Italy, Spain, and the UK ranked at the bottom of the list
- The paper notes that the low scores for Italy's and Spain's responses were partly understandable because they were among the first countries to be hit and may have had little time to prepare.
- But about the UK, the paper states that it was "harder to explain the UK's poor score" given the country's centralized NHS and slower outbreak