Protesters Stage Large Demonstrations in Berline Against Coronavirus Restrictions
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- A large crowd of people staged a "sit-in" at Berlin's historic Brandenburg Gate on Saturday to protest the German government's coronavirus restrictions
- The sit-in followed a march that was cancelled earlier on Saturday for not adhering to rules of social distancing and use of face masks
- The march included anti-vaccine groups and neo-Nazi organizations
- Current coronavirus guidelines in Germany include maintaining a distance of 1.5 meters or 5 feet between one another in public, and where this is not possible, face masks should be worn
- Police warned the over 17,000 protesters who participated in the march that they will only be allowed to demonstrate if they wore face coverings and maintained social distance