Police Hunt for Fraudster Who Administered Fake COVID-19 Vaccine
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Detectives have begun search for a fraudster who injected a 92-year-old woman with a fake COVID-19 vaccine after claiming he worked for the NHS
- Police said the victim allowed the man into her home on 30 December after he mentioned that he was from the NHS and was there to administer the COVID-19 vaccine. The man charged the victim £160 for the vaccine
- Police said it was not known what substance was administered, if any, but the woman has been examined at her local hospital and showed no ill effects
- The man was said to visit the woman's home again on January 4, when he asked for another £100
- Respondingto this, a spokesman for the Department of Health said the NHS will never ask for payment for the COVID-19 vaccine