Plausible Link Between AstraZeneca Vaccine and Rare Blood Clots - WHO
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The AstraZeneca vaccine could possibly cause rare blood clots in some people but further studies are required to confirm this, experts with the World Health Organization said Wednesday
- The subcommittee of WHO's Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety (GACVS) made the conclusion following a review of latest data from the European Medicines Agency (EMA)
- The EMA concluded that rare blood clots with low blood platelets should be listed as very rare side effects of the vaccine
- The UK's drug regulatory body MHRA said the evidence of a link between the vaccine and blood clots is stronger but more work is still needed
- This comes as the UK has announced that it will offer an alternative shot to people under 30