People Will Need to take COVID-19 Vaccine with Annual Flu Shots for Many Years, J&J CEO Says
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorksy said Wednesday that people will likely need to receive additional doses of the COVID-19 vaccines alongside the flu shot for the next several years
- He added that people may need to get the booster shots until herd immunity is achieved globally
- Gorksy said this during The Wall Street Journal's Tech Health conference, citing that scientists need to have contained the spread of the highly transmissble new variants through effective vaccination before life returns to normal
- His comments come shortly after U.S. officials urged Americans to get vaccinated to contain the spread of the Delta variant, first identified in India
- Other scientists and drugmakers have also confirmed what Gorsky said, with BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahn saying in a recent interview that antibody responses against the virus after vaccination declines after eight months