People Are Not Taking Second COVID-19 Vaccine Doses
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- In Oregon, 5 percent of people who received their first doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine are overdue for their second shots, according to the state's public health data
- The vast majority of people due for their second doses have received them, but there are some who are already late for their shots, a spokesperson for the Texas Department of State Health Services said in an email
- As vaccinations now roll out beyond first line workers, concerns are growing that many more could miss their second doses
- The push comes as experts are pushing for extensive administration of initial doses and delay of second shots
- Scientific evidence has shown that a booster shot of the COVID-19 vaccine is more than 90 percent effective at preventing symptomatic illness