Pentagon sees Upswing in COVID-19 Cases as Holidays Approach
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The Pentagon recorded more than 1,300 new confirmed cases of coronavirus, a record high of daily cases in the military
- Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman told reporters that the Defence Department was taking steps to rein in the spread of the disease
- Earlier this monrh, roughly 300 sailors aboard a US Navy destroyer tested positive for COVID-19, raising serious health concerns
- Hoffman said the Pentagon will enforce stricter health measures going foward, including mandatory face coverings and a limit to the number of people inside the Pentagon
- Since the pandemic began, the Pentagon has reported more than 110,982 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 74,992 of whom are active-duty militaty officers, 18,162 civilians, 11,030 dependents, and 6,798 contractors