Oregon Hits Fourth Wave of COVID-19
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Oregon governor Kate Brown announced Friday that the state has hit the fourth surge of infections, as she pleaded with the public to comply with safety recommendations
- “This is a race between the vaccines and the variants,” the governor said. “I know we’re all fed up with the pandemic … but we are in the last few miles of a marathon"
- Brown noted that Oregon consistently has had one of the nation's lowest infection and death rates
- Brown also announced that family members of frontline workers newly eligible for shots are now eligible for the vaccines
- The state has also expanded its criteria of "underlying conditions" to match the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's list