Oklahoma Lifts All COVID-19 Restrictions
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Oklahoma has become the latest state to announce it will be lifting all coronavirus restrictions on events and dropping its statewide mask mandate
- Governor Kevin Sitt made the announcement Thursday, adding that he would sign the executive order tomorrow
- He said the decision was necessary after the state got back on track in its fight against the virus, with more residents getting the vaccine and hospitalization rates on the decline
- Oklahoma has one of the most successful vaccination rollouts, in which about 21.2 percent of residents have received at least a dose of the vaccine. This figure is higher than the national average of 18.8 percent
- Oklahoma has joined the list of states, including Connecticut, Maryland, West Virginia, and Wyoming that have announced similar plans to lift restrictions