New York City Shuts Public Schools Again as COVID-19 Resurges
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- All public schools in New York City will remain shut from Thursday, as coronavirus cases resurge in the city
- The shutdown was prompted by the city's record of a 3 percent test positivity rate over a seven-day rolling average
- Schools in the city's public education system had been open for in-person learning for nearly eight weeks
- Over the summer, the city had maintained a low virus transmission rate, after months of being the epicenter of the infection in the city
- Officials say schools in the city have been remarkably safe since reopening and did not contribute to the recent spike in cases