New Tool Ranks COVID-19 Responses of Hard-hit Countries
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- A team of researchers have created an index that ranks the effectiveness of coronavirus responses in 19 countries hard hit by the pandemic
- The United States ranks ninth out of all 19 countries using the 10-item COVID SCORE tool that assessed the countries' responses based on access to health services, governmental messaging, and social welfare among other metrics
- Country scores were closely tied to the level of trust citizens had in their government, with higher scores suggesting higher public trust
- Lower scores were also associated with higher COVID-19 prevalence and mortality rates
- The COVID SCORE tool was created and validated by researchers at the Barcelona Institute for Global Health, the City University of New York