New Data Suggests Russia Had Third Highest COVID-19 Death Toll in 2020
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Russia's state statistics service on Monday reported 162,429 COVID-19 deaths in Russia last year, a tally that is considerably higher than reported estimates
- This figure amounts to the world's third highest death toll from COVID-19 in 2020
- The new data reveals that the actual death toll is nearly three times higher than the 57,555 deaths recorded in 2020 by Russia's health officials
- The data could renew questions about how Russia calculates its COVID-19 death toll and how the country is really handling the pandemic
- The figure comes behind the United States' and Brazil's COVID-19 death tolls for last year