New Coronavirus Strain may affect Children More
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Scientists have been closely evaluating the new coronavirus variant and how it affects children since it was first detected in the UK
- New studies claim that the new variant spreads more easily in children
- However, there are no suggestions that the new variant is a greater threat to children's health
- The claim comes from members of the government's New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats advisory group
- It is now thought that the new variant spreads 50% to 70% faster than other forms of the virus