Nepal Bans All Domestic, International Flights Amid COVID-19 Surge
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Nepal has banned all domestic, international flights as it battles a devastating surge of the outbreak
- All domestic flights are suspended with effect from Monday night and all international flights from Wednesday night until May 14. However, chartered flights would be allowed entry
- This marks the beginning of the country's two-week lockdown to curb further spread of the virus
- The Health Minister made the announcement Monday, adding that everyone entering the country will enter a mandatory quarantine upon arrival
- Nepal on Sunday recorded the highest single-day surge of cases since the pandemic began. It recorded 7,211 new cases in a single day, with 27 new deaths