Navajo Nation to Receive First Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine This Week
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The Navajo Nation announced Saturday that it will receive the first doses of Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine early this week
- The nation announced in a statement that it will receive its first shipments on Monday and Tuesday
- President of the Navajo Nation Jonathan Nez noted that the first vaccinations will be administered to healthcare workers and those in long-term assisted living facilities
- The shipments will be transported to Gallup Indian Medical Center, Chinle IHS and Northern Navajo Medical Center, and then to locations that can store the vaccine at deep frozen temperatures
- The news comes a day after the Food andDrug Administration (FDA) approved the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine for emergency use