Moscow Distributes Sputnik V COVID-19 Vaccine to Most Vulnerable Group
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Moscow began distributing the Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine on Saturday to the most vulnerable groups in the country
- The vaccination program, which will be coordinated through 70 clinics, marks Russia's first large-scale vaccination against the infection
- The Russian-developed vaccine will first be administered to healthcare workers, teachers, and social workers, who run the highest risk of exposure to the disease
- President Vladimir Putin has also ordered a nationwide voluntary vaccination program to commence next week
- Officials say the country expects to have vaccinated about 2 million people this month