More Cases of New Coronavirus Variant found in the US
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The new coronavirus variant has been identified in at least three states across the US
- Officials say the strain was found in people with no travel history, suggesting that the virus could have been spreading among Americans for a while now
- On Thursday, Florida health officials announced that they had found the state's first case of the new coronavirus variant
- The man, who lives in the county just north of West Palm Beach, has no history of traveling, Florida officials noted
- The US recorded more than 6.3 million new infections and over 77,500 deaths in December, according to data from the Johns Hopkins University