Moderna Set to Launch COVID-19 Vaccine
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Moderna Inc has said it is preparing to launch its experimental coronavirus vaccine, mRNA-1273, after completing the vaccine trials later this month
- The company, one of the front-runners in the race to produce a COVID-19 vaccine, said an independent monitoring committee will review its on-going 30,000-person trial in November before the data are released
- Moderna said it would produce 20 million doses of the vaccine by the end of the year, and between 500 million and 1 billion doses by 2021
- The company earlier said it would seek emergency FDA authorization to use its vaccine in high-risk groups if a preliminary review of the trials show about 70% vaccine effectiveness
- The drugmaker said its coronavirus vaccine would go through a two-month follow-up safety data in the second half of November, as required by the US Food and Drug Administration